Mayim Bialik moving away from “Jeopardy!” In solidarity with notable writers, Sony executives showed they didn’t need two hosts for the quiz show, which is why they moved on… TMZ has learned.
Sony Studios sources tell TMZ … bosses at Sony weren’t upset when Mayim refused to work during this year’s strike, but her absence opened executives’ eyes about their dual host system – Mayim and Ken Jennings shared the performance.
Our sources say Mayim’s departure gave Ken an opportunity… and he took it and ran with it, honing his hosting skills while she was away.
We’re also told that Sony worked incredibly hard juggling schedules to accommodate Mayim during her time on the show, and she didn’t always agree with production decisions… including hiring an executive producer Michael Daviesand other personnel changes.
Mayim resigned in May, at the height of the writers’ strike, and our sources say she eventually fell so far out of touch that Sony executives simply decided to move on without her.
As we reported … Mayim announced on Friday that she was no longer hosting “Danger!”
Our sources say Sony is still open to having Mayim play “Jeopardy!” will host. primetime specials because they think she’s talented and works well with the celebrity contestants… but we’re told Mayim made it clear it was all or nothing. As a result, we’re told Sony Brass declined and Mayim released her statement on Friday without consulting Sony.
Either way, our sources say the ball is still in Mayim’s court… we’re told Sony executives want her for primetime specials, if she accepts the offer.
#Hollywood #Strikes #Showed #Executive #Mayim #Bialik #Isnt #Essential #Jeopardy