PRINCE William has reportedly vowed to hit back at Royal Family smears in Harry and Meghan’s explosive Netflix documentary series.
Palace insiders claim the Prince of Wales can no longer sit by and allow the Sussexes to deliver transatlantic swipes at The Firm.
Instead, he has allegedly instructed aides to comb through six-part ‘Harry & Meghan’ and swiftly respond to inaccurate claims.
A source told the Sunday Express: “The Prince and Princesses’ team will wait to see what’s in the Netflix series before deciding what to do, but you can see the direction of travel.”
The alleged change of tack in dealing with the California-based duo will see the future King tear up the “never complain, never explain” royal mantra.
The Royal Family have previously taken their time in responding to explosive claims from Harry and Meghan.
Buckingham Palace took two-days to issue a rebuttal to the ground-breaking Oprah Winfrey interview where the pair claimed a royal made a racist remark about baby Archie’s skin tone.
The allegation was categorically denied by the palace.
The revelation follows the release of a trailer for the series as the Prince and Princes of Wales were on Royal visit to Boston, Massachusetts.
Speaking to The Sun, a royal source accused the Sussexes of timing the trailer’s release to “deliberately spoil” William and Kate’s US trip.
In the 59-second trailer for the long awaited £88-million show Meghan can be seen wiping tears as Harry looks distressed.
A raft of previously unseen photos of the pair are also shown, including romantic selfies and one of Harry strumming a guitar.
At the start of the clip, the pair are asked: “Why did you want to make this documentary?”
Harry says: “Nobody sees what’s happening behind closed doors.
“I had to do everything I could to protect my family.”
And, Meghan says: “When the stakes are this high doesn’t it make more sense to hear our story from us?”
The show is said to give an insight into the pair’s “love story” and will be streamed from December 8.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex reportedly requested a delay to the show – putting them at loggerheads with Netflix chiefs.
The couple are understood to have wanted to push the controversial TV series back to 2023 amid backlash over the new series of The Crown.
The release of the series comes as Prince Harry’s explosive £35 million memoir ‘Spare’ is due out January 10.